TiMIM offers the design flexibility of plastic injection molding with the performance of Titanium:
- Cost savings of 20-50% over multi-axis CNC machining or investment casting,
- Increased design flexibility and net-shape features with reduced manufacturing cost,
- Mid to high production volumes scaled up quickly,
- Improved performance, tightened tolerances and superior surface finish over investment casting.
Our Ti-6Al-4V Grade 5 material is produced in an ISO-13485 certified environment and complies with the chemical and mechanical property requirements of the following specifications:
ASTM F2885 / ASTM F1472 / ASTM B348 / ASTM B381 / AMS 4928 / AMS 6931
Component suitability / design guidelines
- Typical annual volumes range from 5k to 1M
- Part weights typically range from 0.1g to 100g
- Minimum wall thickness dependent on flow path, typically 0.015” to 0.040”
- Net-shape tolerance capability of +/- 0.3% of the dimension
- Surface finish of 32 Ra (µin)
- Additional processing can achieve improved tolerances and finish.
- For full design guidelines, please refer to: http://www.mimaweb.org/Design_guidelines.htm
- Our validated TiMIM process functions in an ISO-13485 certified environment utilizing a state of the art paperless document control system.
- To meet the stringent purity requirements for implantable materials, our entire MIM processing line is dedicated exclusively to titanium materials.
- At Praxis, we believe that capability begins at compounding. We manufacture our feedstock in-house to maintain full control of batching and compounding to ensure high quality and consistent feedstock. Every batch is tested and characterized to ensure material compliance.
- Our injection molding equipment is the most precise available with additional features to aid in processing and control. Molding is fully automated to guarantee quality.
- Debinding and Sintering:
- Praxis uses a proprietary debinding process for initial stage debinding. Secondary debinding and sintering is carried out in our dedicated TiMIM furnace. Our specialized furnace design was developed to provide a robust processing route for TiMIM.
- Secondary operations:
- Praxis has in-house CNC machining and surface finishing capabilities to aid in supplying finished parts. Additionally, we offer out-sourced services to meet your specific requirements.
- Praxis’ metrology department is outfitted with vision measuring systems, CMM’s and profilometry equipment to ensure the quality of even your most complex parts.